Embrace healthy eating this Easter with this delicious snapper, fennel and leek combination.
The ingredient of Whole baked snapper
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 20g butter
- 4 (480g) skin-on desiree potatoes, thinly sliced (about 3-4mm)
- 1 small fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup curry leaves
- 1.6kg whole snapper, cleaned & scaled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300g cherry tomatoes on vine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves
The instruction how to make Whole baked snapper
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Lay two large sheets of GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper, larger than the length of the snapper, on a large baking tray.
- Heat half the oil and butter in large, non-stick frying pan. Season the potato slices. Cook the potato slices 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly golden. Lay slices, slightly overlapping, on the prepared tray.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Cook the fennel and leek with about 5 curry leaves over a medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until soft and just starting to turn golden. Spoon the mixture over the potato slices.
- Score the fish with two or three deep cuts on either side. Lay over the leek and fennel mixture. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Trim tail if needed. Lay two large sheets of paper over the fish. Twist the edges tightly to enclose the fish and vegetables. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the fish flesh flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, lay a sheet of GLAD Bake & Cooking Paper on a small tray. Spread the tomatoes on the tray. Spray with oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Add to the oven in the last 20 minutes of cooking, until the tomatoes are just split and staring to wrinkle.
- Heat the extra oil in a small pan. Add the remaining curry leaves, garlic and lemon thyme leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the leaves are aromatic and the garlic just golden. Remove the fish from the oven. Peel away the top sheets of paper. Pour over the oil and herb mixture. Serve fish in parcel with the roast tomatoes.
Nutritions of Whole baked snappercalories: