These zesty lamingtons with sponge cake, cream and lemon curd will be your new favourite afternoon tea treat.
The ingredient of Easy lemon curd lamingtons recipe
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 85g packet lemon jelly crystals
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 cup lemon curd
The instruction how to make Easy lemon curd lamingtons recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above long sides of pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs for 5 to 6 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating after each spoonful until dissolved. Beat in lemon juice. Sift flours together 3 times. Gently fold into egg mixture until combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool.
- Meanwhile, place jelly crystals and boiling water in a medium heatproof bowl. Whisk until jelly crystals have dissolved. Add 1u20442 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Cover. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until just beginning to set (it should have a thick, syrupy consistency).
- Cut cooled cake into 12 pieces. Place coconut on a plate. Using a fork, dip cake pieces, 1 at a time, into jelly mixture for 30 seconds, then toss in coconut to coat. Place on a lined baking tray. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and icing sugar until just-firm peaks form. Spoon cream mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Carefully cut 1 jelly cake in half horizontally. Spread base with a little curd, then pipe with cream. Sandwich with top. Repeat with remaining jelly cakes, lemon curd and cream mixture. Serve.
Nutritions of Easy lemon curd lamingtons recipecalories: 412.514 calories
calories: 22.3 grams fat
calories: 15.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 46.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.1 grams protein
calories: 140 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 140 milligrams sodium