This Mexican chicken soup is delicious for lunch or dinner, and makes tasty leftovers, too!
The ingredient of Mexican chicken soup recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillet
- 300g jar mild tomato salsa
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken soup recipe
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add taco seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
- Add chicken, salsa and stock. Bring to a simmer. Cook, partially covered, for 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken to a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.
- Use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn to remove the kernels. Use two forks to coarsely shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the soup with the corn kernels and beans. Cook for 5 mins or until heated through. Season.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken soup recipecalories: 264.334 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 1467 milligrams sodium