Made from fresh ricotta, this baked lemon dessert cake has a similar texture to cheesecake and is delicious served with lemon curd and vanilla ice-cream.
The ingredient of Lemon ricotta dessert cake recipe
- 125g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 250g fresh ricotta (see note)
- 3 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 100g (1/4 cup) lemon curd, plus extra to serve
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon ricotta dessert cake recipe
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan forced. Grease and line the base of a 20cm springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind until pale and creamy. Add the ricotta and beat until just combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Use a large metal spoon to fold the flour into the mixture. Stir in the lemon juice. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and dollop with lemon curd. Use a flat bladed knife to swirl the lemon curd into the batter. Gently tap the pan on the bench to settle the batter. Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched (see note).
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then release the side of the pan. Cut the cake into wedges and serve warm, drizzled with extra curd and topped with ice cream.
Nutritions of Lemon ricotta dessert cake recipecalories: