The ingredient of Lemon and lime tart with limoncello
- 165g unsalted butter, chilled
- 65g margarine
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 6 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, rind grated, juiced plus 2 extra lemons, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) limoncello liqueur
- 1/2 cup thin cream
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1 lime, zested
- 80ml (1/3 cup) limoncello liqueur
The instruction how to make Lemon and lime tart with limoncello
- Place 65g of butter, the margarine, flour and icing sugar in a processor. Process to combine. Add 1 of the eggs and process until a smooth ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grease a 2.5 x 26cm round loose-bottomed tart pan. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with rice or pastry weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for 5 minutes until dry and crisp. Cool.
- Place remaining eggs, the sugar and lemon rind in a food processor. Process for 1 minute. Melt remaining butter and add to mixture. Process to combine. Add lemon and lime juice, lemoncello and cream. Process to combine (dont over process). Pour into tart shell and bake for 20-30 minutes until the filling is just set but still has a slight wobble.
- To make sauce, place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a pan over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add zest and lemoncello and boil for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Dust tart with icing sugar and serve drizzled with sauce.
Nutritions of Lemon and lime tart with limoncellocalories: 935.924 calories
calories: 44 grams fat
calories: 23 grams saturated fat
calories: 111 grams carbohydrates
calories: 84 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 308 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 133.37 milligrams sodium