This tasty cake is a delicious treat with afternoon tea.
The ingredient of Lemon & poppy seed drizzle cake
- 50g poppy seeds
- 185ml warm milk
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lemon, rind grated, juiced
- 300g (2 cups) icing sugar
The instruction how to make Lemon & poppy seed drizzle cake
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Lightly grease a 20 x 10cm (base measurement) loaf pan.
- Combine the poppy seeds and milk in a bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place the caster sugar, eggs, flour, 185g of the butter, lemon rind and poppy seed and milk mixture in an electric mixer. Beat on high for 5 minutes until the mixture is pale and thick, then pour into the pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter and place in a bowl with the icing sugar and lemon juice. Beat with an electric beater until smooth, then drizzle over the cake. Garnish with the candied zest (see note).
Nutritions of Lemon & poppy seed drizzle cakecalories: 663.225 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 95 grams carbohydrates
calories: 68 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 302.8 milligrams sodium