The flavours of lemon and thyme are perfectly matched in this delectable afternoon tea cake.
The ingredient of Lemon and thyme olive oil cake
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon rind, plus zest to serve
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Lemon and thyme olive oil cake
- Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar, rind and thyme for 1 minute to infuse. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add yoghurt and oil and beat to combine. Add flour and salt and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Cool cake on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make lemon glaze. Combine icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour over cake. Sprinkle with extra rind and thyme.
Nutritions of Lemon and thyme olive oil cakecalories: 195.741 calories
calories: 6.1 grams fat
calories: 1.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 32.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20.1 grams sugar
calories: 4.4 grams protein
calories: 27 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 69 milligrams sodium