Super-healthy vegetables bathe in a bowl of tangy bacon and lentil soup in this easy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Bacon, vegetable and lentil soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g packet chopped vegetable soup mix (see note)
- 4 rashers shortcut rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 100g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Bacon, vegetable and lentil soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add vegetable mix and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add lentils, tomato, stock and 2 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, adding beans in the last 5 minutes of cooking, or until lentils are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Bacon, vegetable and lentil soupcalories: 367.104 calories
calories: 13.6 grams fat
calories: 3.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 34.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21.8 grams protein
calories: 34.8 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1335 milligrams sodium