Cooking a hearty winter meal doesnt get much easier than this one-pot wonder!
The ingredient of Lemon chicken with olives
- 1.2kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup (180g) pitted kalamata olives
The instruction how to make Lemon chicken with olives
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just soft. Return chicken to saucepan. Add tomatoes, lemon, sugar and oregano. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickened. Stir in olives. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Lemon chicken with olivescalories: 273.894 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 118 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 360.15 milligrams sodium