Silky smooth custard is the hero of this zesty lemon curd tart.
The ingredient of Lemon curd custard tart
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 140g (1/2 cup) lemon curd, plus extra, to serve
- Double cream, to serve
- 225g (11/2 cups) plain flour
- 120g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon chilled water
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Lemon curd custard tart
- To make pastry, process flour, butter and icing sugar in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and water. Process until the dough just comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30u00a0minutes to rest.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 3mm thick. Use to line a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base. Trim any excess. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line pastry with baking paper. Place on a baking tray. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the cream and milk to a gentle simmer in a saucepan over medium heat (do not boil). Whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar in a heatproof bowl until well combined. Whisk in the hot cream mixture. Strain custard through a fine sieve into a jug.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150C/ 130C fan forced. Spread the lemon curd over the base of the pastry case. Carefully pour the custard mixture into the pastry case. Bake for 45 minutes or until just set. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to cool.
- Meanwhile, for candied lemon, stir 60ml (1/4 cup) water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes until dissolved. Bring to the boil. Add lemon and cook, turning, for 10 minutes or until translucent.
- Top tart with cream, extra lemon curd, candied lemon and lemon cooking syrup.
Nutritions of Lemon curd custard tartcalories: