Yes, weve used the whole lemon – the rind, juice and flesh – to make this zesty cake. Its topped with mascarpone and drizzled in golden syrup, making it just perfect to wash down with a freshly brewed cuppa.
The ingredient of Lemon coconut cake
- 240g (about 2-3) lemons
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 3 eggs
- 100g salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 65g (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey or golden syrup
- 30g (1/2 cup) toasted coconut flakes
The instruction how to make Lemon coconut cake
- Place the lemons in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat then cover and cook for 40 minutes or until softened. Use a slotted spoon to remove lemons and set aside to cool slightly. Cut in half and discard any seeds.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease the base and side of a 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place the lemon halves and milk in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the eggs, butter, vanilla, flour, sugar and coconut. Pulse until the cake mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to beat the mascarpone in a bowl until a spreadable consistency. Spread over the top of the cake. Drizzle over the honey or golden syrup and sprinkle with the coconut flakes to serve.
Nutritions of Lemon coconut cakecalories: