Perfect for an after-dinner dessert or afternoon tea, this lemon meringue slice tastes as good as it looks.
The ingredient of Lemon meringue slice
- 3 x 90g packets coconut macaroon biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
The instruction how to make Lemon meringue slice
- Grease and line a 3cm deep, 16cm x 26.5cm (base) lamington pan. Place biscuits into a food processor. Process to fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add butter. Stir until combined.
- Using your fingertips, press crumb mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon rind, 1/2 cup lemon juice and egg yolks. Pour over biscuit base.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites to soft peaks. Add sugar, 1 tablespoonful at a time, continuing to beat until meringue is thick and glossy. Fold through coconut. Spread over lemon mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool in pan. Cut into squares. Serve.
Nutritions of Lemon meringue slicecalories: