*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Broccoli soup
- 1 1/2 broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2-3 bacon rashers
- 100ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ground cumin, to taste
- Sour cream, to garnish
The instruction how to make Broccoli soup
- Put broccoli and potato into large pot, add water just to cover and boil with lid on until soft.
- While that is cooking, melt butter in a frypan and fry onion until transparent. Put aside and cook bacon rashers.
- When broccoli and potato cooked, drain but KEEP the water. Use a blender to mash broccoli, potato and the fried onion. Add a small amount of water to make this easier.
- Add the cream and enough of the retained water to desired thickness. Season to taste.
- Put back on stove to warm through.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream and bacon cut into small pieces.
Nutritions of Broccoli soupcalories: