Warm up with hearty carrot soup. For a low-FODMAP diet, please see the notes section.
The ingredient of Carrot soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 cups water
- Light sour cream, to serve
- Fresh dill, to serve
- Toast, to serve
The instruction how to make Carrot soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, carrots and ginger. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add stock and water to saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until carrots are very tender.
- Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly. Process or blend soup until smooth. Return to saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with sour cream and dill. Serve with toast.
Nutritions of Carrot soupcalories: 96.556 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 2 grams protein
calories: 520.59 milligrams sodium