Weve taken the classic lemon melting moment with buttercream filling and super-sized it! Whats more, you only need 6 ingredients to make it.
The ingredient of Giant lemon melting moment recipe
- 250g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 60g (1/3 cup) icing sugar mixture, plus extra, to dust
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 70g (1/2 cup) custard powder
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 210g (1 1/3 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
The instruction how to make Giant lemon melting moment recipe
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan forced.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Sift over the flour and custard powder and use a flat-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until mixture just comes together. Gather the dough with your hands and divide into 2 equal portions.
- Place 1 portion of the dough on a sheet of baking paper and gently press or roll out to a 16cm round. If the dough is very soft you can chill it until it is easier to work with. Transfer to a large baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough to make the top biscuit round. Press top round gently with the side of a wooden spoon handle to create indents in the dough.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until light golden. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack, carefully sliding off the paper, to cool completely.
- For the buttercream filling, use electric beaters to beat the butter and icing sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the lemon rind.
- Invert the biscuit without the indents onto a serving plate and spread or pipe with the buttercream filling. Top with the indented biscuit and dust lightly with extra icing sugar. Carefully cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Giant lemon melting moment recipecalories: