Zesty lemon and coconut make this buttery dessert a real treat.
The ingredient of Christmas coconut lemon bars
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
- 180g chilled butter, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cups (315g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (65g) shredded coconut
The instruction how to make Christmas coconut lemon bars
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20 x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
- Place the flour, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Spoon into the prepared pan and press mixture evenly over the base with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon rind and juice, baking powder and three-quarters of the coconut in a large bowl until well combined. Pour over the base and sprinkle evenly with remaining coconut. Bake in oven for a further 20 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Remove from oven and set aside in pan to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutritions of Christmas coconut lemon barscalories: