Work some magic with your freezer to make this stunning frozen ice-cream dessert cake.
The ingredient of Lemon meringue ice-cream cake
- 250g packet butternut snap biscuits
- 25g butter, melted
- 2 x 2 litres Blue Ribbon vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 100g packet vanilla mini meringues, roughly crushed
- 2 x 280g jars lemon butter
- Extra meringues, to decorate
- Silver cachous, to decorate
- Icing sugar mixture, for dusting
The instruction how to make Lemon meringue ice-cream cake
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edge of pan.
- Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer 3/4 cup crumbs to a bowl. Reserve remaining crumbs. Add butter to bowl. Stir well to combine. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place half the ice-cream in a large bowl. Add meringues and half the lemon butter. Stir until just combined. Spoon mixture over prepared base. Spread top with a spatula to level. Sprinkle reserved biscuit crumbs over ice-cream, pressing into ice-cream to secure. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze overnight.
- Place remaining ice-cream in a bowl. Add remaining lemon butter. Stir until just combined. Return ice-cream to container or place in a freezable container. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Just before serving, stand ice-cream cake at room temperature for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate. Scoop remaining ice-cream and arrange on top of cake (see tip). Serve cake decorated with extra meringues and silver cachous. Dust with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Lemon meringue ice-cream cakecalories: 391.96 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 41 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 74 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 130.4 milligrams sodium