With winter well and truly underway, this royal dessert is guaranteed to warm you up.
The ingredient of Lemon butter queen of puddings
- 60g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
- 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 300ml milk
- 300ml thin cream
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 130g caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon butter
The instruction how to make Lemon butter queen of puddings
- Grease six 200ml ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle breadcrumbs into dishes. Gently warm the milk, cream, zest and unsalted butter in a saucepan over low heat. Beat egg yolks with 60g of sugar until pale. Stir in milk mixture, then pour over breadcrumbs. Soak for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Place dishes in a roasting pan and pour in enough hot water to come halfway up sides of dishes. Cover pan with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Remove dishes from pan and cool (this can be done up to 1 day in advance; keep refrigerated).
- When ready to serve, whisk eggwhites until stiff peaks form; gradually beat in remaining sugar until thick and glossy. Spread 1 tablespoon of lemon butter on top of each custard, pile eggwhites on top, completely covering base and bake for 6-10 minutes or until light golden.
Nutritions of Lemon butter queen of puddingscalories: 525.561 calories
calories: 33 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 49 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 217 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 193.58 milligrams sodium