Go meat-free with this flavoursome burnt butter, lemon and basil-infused gnocchi.
The ingredient of Gnocchi with burnt butter, lemon and basil
- 500g fresh potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 150g baby squash, thinly sliced
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 u20442 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 1 u20442 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Shredded parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Gnocchi with burnt butter, lemon and basil
- Cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions, or until gnocchi are al dente and float to the surface. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and squash and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until just tender and golden. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Add the basil leaves and cook until they are just crisp and the butter is light brown and nutty. Stir in the lemon juice and baby spinach. Add the gnocchi and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Return the vegetables to the pan. Toss to warm through.
- Divide gnocchi mixture among bowls. Scatter with pine nuts and parmesan and season to taste.
Nutritions of Gnocchi with burnt butter, lemon and basilcalories: