Take your tastebuds on a trip with this gluten free seared Asian salmon in sesame seed and chili served on a bed of rice and bok choy.
The ingredient of Sesame-crusted salmon with sticky rice and bok choy (gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons black sesame seeds (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 eggwhite
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets, skinned, pin-boned
- 200g (1 cup) koshihikari rice (see Notes)
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Steamed bok choy, to serve (see Notes)
- Tamari, to serve (see notes)
The instruction how to make Sesame-crusted salmon with sticky rice and bok choy (gluten-free)
- Combine chilli flakes, sesame seeds and parsley and spread on a sheet of baking paper. Place the eggwhite in a shallow bowl; lightly beat with a fork until frothy. Dip each salmon portion in the eggwhite, then cover with sesame mixture until each piece is well coated. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place the rice in a pan with 1 1/2 cups water and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low-medium, cover with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon pieces and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Add vinegar to the rice and stir to combine. Serve the salmon with sticky rice, steamed bok choy and a drizzle of tamari.
Nutritions of Sesame-crusted salmon with sticky rice and bok choy (gluten-free)calories: 704.811 calories
calories: 40 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 46 grams protein
calories: 98 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 83.25 milligrams sodium