A slow cooker will make the lamb shanks super soft in this hearty soup recipe.
The ingredient of Lamb and pumpkin soup
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- 6 (about 1.5kg) lamb shanks, French trimmed
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 250ml (1 cup) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 100g (1/2 cup) basmati rice
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb and pumpkin soup
- Place spice mix on a plate. Add the lamb shanks and toss to lightly coat.
- Add the lamb, pumpkin, stock, water and passata to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until the lamb falls off the bone. Use tongs to remove bones and discard.
- Add the chickpeas and rice. Cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Ladle among serving bowls and top with the coriander. Serve with yoghurt.
Nutritions of Lamb and pumpkin soupcalories: 408.69 calories
calories: 6.5 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 41 grams protein