Far from bland reputation, lentils can add rich, nutty flavour to weeknight meals.
The ingredient of Lentil and chorizo soup
- 2 chorizo sausages, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
The instruction how to make Lentil and chorizo soup
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until brown all over. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic and paprika; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the carrot, zucchini and tomato; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the chicken stock and chorizo; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and soup thickens slightly. Add the lentils; stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the oil and basil in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with basil oil and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Lentil and chorizo soupcalories: 353.003 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 1310.4 milligrams sodium