Start your Asian-inspired feast with this tasty soup with chicken mince dumplings.
The ingredient of Chicken gow gee and corn soup
- 200g chicken mince
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 16 gow gee wrappers (see note)
- 6 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 cobs corn, kernels removed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red chilli, optional, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken gow gee and corn soup
- Combine mince, 2 teaspoons soy, ginger, garlic and half the green onions in a bowl. Place 1 heaped teaspoonful of mixture into the centre of each gow gee. Brush edges with water and fold in half to form a semicircle. Pinch edges together to seal.
- Pour stock into a saucepan. Stir in corn kernels. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Ladle half the soup into a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds. Return puree to saucepan.
- Add gow gees to soup. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add spinach and chilli, if using. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining soy and green onions. Ladle into bowls. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken gow gee and corn soupcalories: