Broccoflowers incorporate the best elements of cauliflower and broccoli. Being naturally low-fat means that they are the perfect ingredient for this low kilojoule soup.
The ingredient of Broccoflower, leek and fennel soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves single clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 500g broccoflower, cut into small florets
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (80g) extra light sour cream
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Broccoflower, leek and fennel soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or casserole. Add leek, fennel and garlic. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until soft. Add broccoflower, stock and bay leaves. Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until broccoflower is tender. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Blend or process soup until smooth; season to taste. Divide soup between 4 bowls, spoon a little sour cream into the centre of each and grind over extra black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Broccoflower, leek and fennel soupcalories: 156.545 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 2.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates