Everyones favourite curry butter chicken gets reinvented as a quick and easy soup, perfect for winter. Loaded with 3.5 serves of vegies, it will fill you up, too.
The ingredient of Butter chicken and cauliflower soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 (500g) skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter chicken paste
- 1/2 small (450g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- Warmed naan bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Butter chicken and cauliflower soup recipe
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Roughly shred chicken.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cauliflower and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until potato and cauliflower are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to pan over low heat. Add beans, spinach, lemon juice and chicken. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until beans are tender. Remove pan from heat. Stir in yoghurt.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with almonds and serve with naan.
Nutritions of Butter chicken and cauliflower soup recipecalories: 644.344 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 7.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 62.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38.7 grams protein
calories: 108 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2677 milligrams sodium