Dish up a bowl of creamy tomato and capsicum soup. Roasting the vegetables first intensifies the flavour.
The ingredient of Roast tomato and capsicum soup
- 1kg red capsicum, deseeded, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1.5kg ripe tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Roast tomato and capsicum soup
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place capsicum, skin side up, on 1 tray. Place garlic and tomatoes, cut side up, on remaining tray. Spray with oil. Sprinkle tomatoes with sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 35 to 40 minutes or until capsicum skins blister and tomatoes are soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove skins from capsicum, tomatoes and garlic.
- Puree capsicum, tomatoes and garlic, in 2 batches, in a food processor. Pour into a large saucepan. Add stock. Bring to the boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Make gremolata: Combine lemon rind, garlic and basil in a small bowl.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with gremolata.
Nutritions of Roast tomato and capsicum soupcalories: 79.109 calories
calories: 1 grams fat
calories: 11 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 527.74 milligrams sodium