Get your 5-a-day with this hearty soup, packed full of our favourite vegies.
The ingredient of Roast vegetable and chickpea soup
- 2 (500g) eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 small (500g) orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 (500g) zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Roast vegetable and chickpea soup
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Line 2 large roasting pans with non-stick baking paper. Place eggplant, sweet potato, zucchini and onions in a large bowl. Add oil and season with pepper. Toss vegetables well to coat. Spread vegetables evenly over trays and roast, swapping trays after 30 minutes, for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and tender. Sprinkle garlic on top for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Place roast vegetables, tomatoes, stock and 2 cups water in a large saucepan. Simmer, partially covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Using a potato masher, roughly mash vegetables. Stir in chickpeas. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove soup from heat. Stir in parsley. Season with pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast vegetable and chickpea soupcalories: 333.405 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 860.02 milligrams sodium