They are called the best roast potatoes for good reason. This is a FODMAP friendly recipe for a Low FODMAP diet.
The ingredient of The best roast potatoes
- 1kg Coliban or Sebago potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt flakes, to season
The instruction how to make The best roast potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C or 180C fan-forced. Peel potatoes and cut into 5cm chunks. Place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until partially cooked (potatoes should be only just tender when pierced with a skewer).
- Drain potatoes well. Return to saucepan over low heat until any remaining water evaporates. Shake saucepan vigorously to rough up surface of potatoes (this will make them crunchy when roasted). Alternatively, scrape surfaces of potatoes with a fork to create a rough texture.
- Pour oil into a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan into oven for 5 minutes or until oil is hot. Working quickly, add potatoes to hot oil. Use tongs to turn potatoes to coat in oil, then return roasting pan to oven.
- Roast potatoes for 40 minutes. Turn and roast for a further 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season with salt. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of The best roast potatoescalories: 238.283 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 10.75 milligrams sodium