Keep white sauce handy for creating instant toddler happy meals, like this fish recipe.
The ingredient of Fish and vegetables in white sauce (toddler)
- 75g piece of firm white fish fillet (see note)
- 20g angel hair pasta, broken up into short pieces
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, carrot and peas
- 2 teaspoons of milk
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups milk
The instruction how to make Fish and vegetables in white sauce (toddler)
- To make sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Remove pan from heat. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming. Return pan to medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Transfer sauce to a jug. Pour into ice-cube trays. Cool. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Spray a small frying pan with olive oil spray. Heat pan over medium heat. Cook fish fillet, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and flake. Meanwhile, cook pasta, broken up into short pieces, in a saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions until tender, adding peas, corn and carrot in the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Heat 2 thawed white sauce cubes with milk in a frying pan over low heat until melted and smooth.
Nutritions of Fish and vegetables in white sauce (toddler)calories: 277.957 calories
calories: 9.9 grams fat
calories: 4.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 24.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21.1 grams protein
calories: 56 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 183 milligrams sodium