Luscious layers of whipped cream, folded with raspberry jam take this mixed berry pavlova to delicious new heights.
The ingredient of Best-ever berry-cherry pavlova
- 6 Coles Australian Free Range Egg whites
- 11/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 600ml Coles Thickened Cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam, warmed, strained
- Mixed berries, to serve
- Cherries, to serve
- Icing sugar mixture, extra, to dust
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar mixture
The instruction how to make Best-ever berry-cherry pavlova
- Preheat oven to 100C. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on each tray and turn paper over. Use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the caster sugar, 1 tbs at a time, whisking well after each addition. Continue whisking for 2 mins or until thick and glossy and sugar completely dissolves.
- Add the cornflour and vinegar. Gently fold until just combined. Divide the mixture into 3 even portions. Spoon onto circles on the lined trays. Using each circle as a guide, spread to a 20cm disc. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 1 1/2 hours or until dry to touch. Turn oven off. Leave in oven, with door ajar, for 1 hour to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the raspberry coulis, combine the raspberries and icing sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until raspberries collapse and mixture thickens slightly. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Place in fridge to chill.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk cream and icing sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add jam. Use a metal spoon to gently fold until just marbled through.
- Place 1 meringue disc on a serving plate. Spoon over one-third of the cream mixture. Continue layering with remaining meringue discs and cream mixture. Top with berries and cherries. Dust with extra icing sugar. Drizzle with raspberry coulis. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Best-ever berry-cherry pavlovacalories: 341.77 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 41 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 45 milligrams sodium