This mash-up of lemon meringue pie and cheesecake means you can have the best of both sweet worlds.
The ingredient of Best-ever lemon meringue cheesecake
- 250g packet butternut snap cookies
- 75g butter, melted, cooled
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 4 egg whites
The instruction how to make Best-ever lemon meringue cheesecake
- Grease a 20cm round (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edge of pan.
- Place cookies in a food processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter. Process until combined. Press biscuit mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
- Place gelatine in a small bowl. Cover with cold water. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove gelatine from water, squeezing out excess water. Place in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook for 1 minute or until gelatine has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, lemon rind, lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in gelatine until combined. Gradually add cream. Beat until mixture thickens and is well combined. Fold in lemon curd until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites and the remaining caster sugar for 10 to 12 minutes or until thick and glossy, and sugar has dissolved.
- Remove cheesecake from pan and place on a serving plate. Dollop with meringue mixture. Using a kitchen blowtorch, lightly brown meringue. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Best-ever lemon meringue cheesecakecalories: 596.783 calories
calories: 40.5 grams fat
calories: 27.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 50.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 109 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 404 milligrams sodium