*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Family recipe best shortbread
- 230g butter, softened
- 90g caster sugar
- 350g plain flour
- 55g cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
The instruction how to make Family recipe best shortbread
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer until pale in colour.
- Meanwhile, sift together all dry ingredients in another bowl. When butter and sugar are creamed, gradually add to the creamed mix a little of the sifted dry ingredients and stir through. Continue mixing the dry ingredients through gradually. This will form a soft dough.
- Using a sheet of baking paper prepared with flour, roll dough into a ball (or several smaller balls which is easier for kids) and roll out with rolling pin until about 1-2cm thick (depending on how thick you like it). Using cookie cutters of whatever shape you like, press into the dough and place shortbread on a prepared (covered with baking paper) biscuit tray. Continue until all dough is cut and placed on the trays.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden. Note the shortbread should still be very pale in colour and only a slight gold hue. Turn out onto wire rack to cool before serving.
Nutritions of Family recipe best shortbreadcalories: