With a few basic ingredients, this succulent leg of lamb will be the talk of the town.
The ingredient of Rosemary and garlic lamb roast
- 1.5kg easy-carve leg of lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup redcurrant jelly
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Rosemary and garlic lamb roast
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Use a sharp knife to make 12 slits in the top of the lamb. Insert a slice of garlic and a small sprig of rosemary into each slit.
- Scatter onion slices over the base of a lightly greased roasting pan. Sprinkle over remaining garlic and rosemary. Place the lamb onto the bed of onions.
- Heat redcurrant jelly in a small saucepan and brush over lamb. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 180u00b0C. Pour in wine and stock. Roast for another hour (for medium) or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Nutritions of Rosemary and garlic lamb roastcalories: 544.92 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 62 grams protein
calories: 459.94 milligrams sodium