Using the freshest high-quality beef fillet and a drizzle of truffle oil, this dish makes for a pleasingly gourmet appetiser.
The ingredient of Classic beef carpaccio
- 250g piece best-quality beef fillet, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil (see note) or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (40g) shaved parmesan
- Wild rocket leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Classic beef carpaccio
- Enclose the beef tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes (this will make it easier to thinly slice).
- Unwrap the beef and very thinly slice, using a sharp knife. Place the slices of beef between sheets of plastic wrap and flatten them out with a rolling pin.
- Arrange 4 or 5 slices of beef on each serving plate and drizzle with oil. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then scatter with pine nuts, chives and shaved parmesan. Serve with rocket leaves and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Classic beef carpacciocalories: 297.316 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 44 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 162.86 milligrams sodium