Slow roasted tomato and capsicum combine in this rich, high fibre vegetarian soup.
The ingredient of Roasted tomato and capsicum soup
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1.5kg ripe roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 2 red onions, halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large red capsicums, quartered, seeded
- 1 litre Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 60g goats cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Roasted tomato and capsicum soup
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Trim the top quarter off garlic bulb. Place tomato, cut-side up, onion and garlic on 1 prepared baking tray. Drizzle with oil. Place capsicum on remaining tray. Roast for 2 hours or until tomato has collapsed. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place tomato, onion, capsicum and 1/2 the stock in a food processor. Squeeze garlic from skins and add to food processor. Process for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large saucepan. Add remaining stock. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with goatu2019s cheese and basil and serve with bread.
Nutritions of Roasted tomato and capsicum soupcalories: 456.968 calories
calories: 15.8 grams fat
calories: 4.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 59.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15.8 grams protein
calories: 11 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1596 milligrams sodium