Bring out your favourite drop for this delicious dish that makes makes olive oil a star ingredient.
The ingredient of Seafood soup with lemon aioli
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) fish stock
- 12 large green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 12 black mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 400g white fish fillet (such as flathead), cut into 3cm strips
- Crusty baguette, to serve
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Seafood soup with lemon aioli
- To make the lemon au00efoli, place the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until mixture is thick and pale. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place saffron and boiling water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to soak.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until leek softens. Add the carrot and tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until heated through. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 1 minute or until wine reduces by half.
- Add the fish stock and saffron mixture to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Add the prawns and mussels and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes or until the mussels open and prawns change colour. Add the fish and cook for a further 1 minute or until just cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with aioli. Serve immediately with crusty bread, if desired.
Nutritions of Seafood soup with lemon aiolicalories: 613.274 calories
calories: 40 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 51 grams protein
calories: 2231.59 milligrams sodium