This easy Aussie favourite will be loved by all the family.
The ingredient of Vegemite and cheese pull-apart loaf recipe
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Vegemite
- 3 cups plain bread flour
- 7g sachet dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- Butter, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegemite and cheese pull-apart loaf recipe
- Whisk sugar, salt, milk and Vegemite in a small saucepan until combined. Place over medium heat. Heat, stirring, for 1 minute or until lukewarm (do not simmer or boil).
- Place flour in a large bowl. Stir in yeast. Stir in milk mixture and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 10 to 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Using your fist, punch dough down. Add half the cheddar. Knead again until smooth. Divide dough into 16 portions. Roll portions into balls.
- Lightly grease a 23cm (base) springform cake pan. Arrange balls in pan. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough has almost doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Sprinkle remaining cheddar over loaf. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and hollow-sounding when tapped in the centre. Serve loaf warm or at room temperature with butter (see notes).
Nutritions of Vegemite and cheese pull-apart loaf recipecalories: 191.439 calories
calories: 8.6 grams fat
calories: 4.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.3 grams protein
calories: 18 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 211 milligrams sodium