This mulled wine recipe can be enjoyed as is, or mixed with vodka and turned it into an orange-flavoured martini.
The ingredient of Mulled wine martini recipe
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Orange wedges
- 150ml vanilla vodka
- Large pieces of orange rind
- 500ml (2 cups) pinot noir
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 3 cardamom pods, bruised
- 3 dried cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 strip orange rind (about 3 x 10cm)
The instruction how to make Mulled wine martini recipe
- For the mulled wine, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat and set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle. Strain into a jug and set aside to cool to room temperature (see note).
- Combine the sugar and ginger on a plate. Run the orange wedges around the rim of 4 martini glasses, then press into the sugar mixture to coat the rim.
- Divide the mulled wine among glasses. Stir in the vodka. Serve with a star cut out from orange rind.
Nutritions of Mulled wine martini recipecalories: