This classic cheese soufflé is light and fluffy and with only seven ingredients it is a simple savoury treat.
The ingredient of Classic cheese soufflé recipe
- Melted butter, to grease
- Dried (packaged) breadcrumbs, to dust
- 50g butter
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 120g ( 1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated vintage cheddar
- 4 eggs, separated
The instruction how to make Classic cheese soufflé recipe
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan forced. Place a baking tray in the oven to heat. Grease a 1.5L (6 cup) ovenproof dish with butter. Dust with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until it bubbles and comes away from the side.
- Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in half the milk until mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk until smooth and combined.
- Place pan over medium heat and whisk for 3-4 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Add the cheddar and stir until cheddar melts and mixture is smooth.
- Remove pan from heat. Quickly whisk in the egg yolks until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. (Be careful not to overbeat.)
- Add one-third of the egg whites to the cheddar mixture. Use a large metal spoon to fold. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining egg whites.
- Spoon into prepared dish. Run your finger around the inside rim of the dish. Place on preheated tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and risen.
Nutritions of Classic cheese soufflé recipecalories: