Made with just 6 ingredients, this giant lamington ice-cream cake is the perfect way to celebrate Australia Day.
The ingredient of Giant lamington ice-cream cake recipe
- 1/2 (225g) double unfilled sponge cake
- 1.5 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 20g (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
The instruction how to make Giant lamington ice-cream cake recipe
- Lay 2 large sheets of plastic wrap on top of each other and use to line a 1.75L (7-cup) loaf pan, allowing the sides to overhang. Line with a sheet of baking paper, extending over the 2 long sides.
- Break up the sponge cake into a food processor and process briefly to form coarse crumbs. Spoon 500ml of the ice-cream into a large mixing bowl and add half the crumbs. Allow ice-cream to soften slightly then use a metal spoon to mix in the crumbs until evenly combined (the ice-cream should be just soft but not melted). Spoon into the pan and smooth the surface, pressing down firmly to make an even layer. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Spoon another 500ml of ice-cream into a mixing bowl and mash with a large metal spoon until softened. Spread over the first layer in the pan, smoothing the surface. Return to the freezer. Puree the raspberries in a food processor and pour over the ice cream. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Use the remaining ice-cream and crumbs to make another layer (see step 2). Spread into the pan. Fold the paper and overhanging plastic over the surface and freeze for another 2 hours, or overnight, until very firm.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave until just warm and melted, but not hot. Stir until combined and smooth, then transfer to a jug and cool to room temperature.
- Invert the loaf pan onto a chilled serving platter and remove the plastic and paper. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the loaf, allowing it to drizzle down the sides a little. Working quickly before it sets, sprinkle the top with coconut. Return to the freezer until serving time.
Nutritions of Giant lamington ice-cream cake recipecalories: