Wow the crowd this entertaining season with these amazing mozzarella and basil-stuffed bread balls.
The ingredient of Cheesy bread balls with roasted tomato salsa recipe
- 3 cups plain bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 120g grated Devondale Mozzarella Cheese Block
- 32 small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra small sprigs to serve
- 5 large ripe roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
The instruction how to make Cheesy bread balls with roasted tomato salsa recipe
- Make Roasted tomato salsa: Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes and garlic on prepared tray. Sprinkle with sugar and oregano. Drizzle with oil. Season. Toss to coat. Arrange tomatoes cut-side up in a single layer. Roast for 30 minutes or until tomatoes have collapsed and skins peel off easily. Set aside for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Transfer cherry tomatoes to a bowl. Set aside. Remove and discard tomato skins from remaining tomatoes. Roughly chop. Add to cherry tomatoes in bowl, along with any juice. Squeeze garlic from skins. Discard skin. Finely chop garlic. Add garlic and vinegar to tomato. Season. Stir until well combined. Set aside (see notes).
- Meanwhile, line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and 1u00bd teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Make a well in centre. Add yoghurt and 1 tablespoon oil. Stir until combined (dough will still be very flaky at this stage). Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 to 2 minutes or until dough is smooth. Divide evenly into 4 portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Cut each ball into 8 wedges.
- Increase oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Cut 100g mozzarella into 32 x 1cm cubes. Grate remaining mozzarella. Using lightly floured hands, flatten 1 piece of dough in palm of hand. Place 1 basil leaf and 1 cube mozzarella in centre. Wrap dough around filling to enclose. Roll dough into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough, basil and mozzarella. Arrange 13 balls, just touching, on prepared tray to form an 18cm round. Arrange remaining balls around first round, just touching. Brush balls with 1 tablespoon remaining oil. Sprinkle grated mozzarella between balls.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine rosemary and remaining oil in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Slide bread onto a large serving plate. Place tomato salsa in a 12cm round serving bowl. Place in centre of bread. Brush bread with rosemary oil. Arrange extra rosemary sprigs on top. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Serve (see notes).
Nutritions of Cheesy bread balls with roasted tomato salsa recipecalories: 413.709 calories
calories: 18.5 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 47.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13.3 grams protein
calories: 31 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 910 milligrams sodium