With a delicious caramel flavour, this mulled PIMMs is infused with warming cinnamon and vanilla.
The ingredient of Mulled PIMMs recipe
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 750ml (3 cups) apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 125ml (1/2 cup) PIMMu2019s No. 1 Cup
- 60ml (1/4 cup) brandy
- Thinly sliced apple, to serve
- Cinnamon sticks, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Mulled PIMMs recipe
- Place the sugar and 80ml (1/3 cup) water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir for 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Simmer rapidly, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until a dark golden colour and a toffee-like consistency. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Be very careful as toffee reaches a high temperature.
- Meanwhile, scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod, reserving both.
- Carefully add the apple juice to the saucepan, taking care as it may spit. Add the cinnamon stick and vanilla pod and seeds. Return to a low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the toffee has dissolved into the juice. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir the PIMMu2019S and brandy into the toffee mixture. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick and vanilla pod. When cool enough to consume, pour the mixture into heatproof glasses. Serve warm, garnished with sliced apple and extra cinnamon sticks, if using.
Nutritions of Mulled PIMMs recipecalories: