Turn sushi into fun finger food with these vegetarian rice patties.
The ingredient of Vegetarian open sushi recipe
- 1 cup sushi rice, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup sushi seasoning
- 150g Japanese teriyaki tofu
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame dressing
- 1/2 small avocado, thinly sliced into wedges
- 12 small fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Vegetarian open sushi recipe
- Place rice and 1 1/2 cups water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in seasoning. Spread over a large tray. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Using damp hands, shape rice into 12 patties (about 2 1/2 tablespoons per pattie).
- Halve tofu pieces crossways. Cut each piece into 4 triangles. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook tofu for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, combine carrot, cabbage and 1 tablespoon dressing in a small bowl.
- Place rice patties on a serving platter. Divide carrot mixture among patties. Top with tofu, avocado, remaining dressing and coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Vegetarian open sushi recipecalories: 136.469 calories
calories: 4.9 grams fat
calories: 0.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 18.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.8 grams protein
calories: 1 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 246 milligrams sodium