Reach new peaks! This is the ultimate celebration cake, starring different-sized Toblerone bars. Just watch all the pieces on the top get gobbled up!
The ingredient of Toblerone Mountain Mud Cake
- 250g Lurpak Butter, chopped
- 200g Toblerone, chopped
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- Different-sized Toblerones, to decorate
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 150g Toblerone, chopped
- 25g Lurpak Butter, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 400g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 60g Lurpak Butter, chopped
- 165ml (2/3 cup) thickened cream
The instruction how to make Toblerone Mountain Mud Cake
- Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan forced. Grease two 20cm square cake pans and line bases and sides with baking paper. Place the butter, Toblerone, caster sugar and 160ml (2/3 cup water) in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is smooth and well combined (it wonu2019t be totally smooth because of the nougat in the Toblerone). Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until cooled slightly.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Sift in the self-raising and plain flours, and cocoa. Fold gently to combine. (Be careful not to overmix.) Divide evenly between prepared pans then use a spatula to smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 20 minutes to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and well combined. Transfer to a bowl. Place in the fridge, stirring often, for 45 minutes or until a spreadable consistency.
- To make the topping, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and well combined. Place in the fridge, stirring regularly, for 1 hour or until a spreadable consistency.
- Place 1 cake, base-side down, on a serving platter or board and spread the filling over the cake top. Place the remaining cake, base-side up, on top. Spread the icing over the top and sides of the cake. Cut the Toblerone bars into neat slices and arrange on top. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Nutritions of Toblerone Mountain Mud Cakecalories: