You wont be able to stop at just one of these sugared cherry sponge cakes! Trust us!
The ingredient of Sugared cherry sponge cakes recipe
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries, thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp kirsch (optional)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pouring (pure) cream
- 120g white chocolate, chopped
- 450g Coles Unfilled Double Sponge Cake
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 3 fresh cherries, halved, pitted
The instruction how to make Sugared cherry sponge cakes recipe
- Pat thawed cherries dry with paper towel. Place in a medium saucepan with the vanilla and caster sugar. Place over medium heat. Cook for 2 mins or until the sugar mixture dissolves. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, or until the mixture thickens slightly. Add the lemon juice and kirsch, if using. Cook for a further 2 mins. Reserve 2 tbs of the cherry mixture in a small bowl. Place remaining cherry mixture in the fridge for 1 hour or until mixture thickens.
- Place the cream and reserved cherry mixture in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to the boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate. Set aside, without stirring, for 5 mins or until chocolate melts. Stir until well combined. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard the solids. Set aside for 20 mins to cool completely.
- Place the sponge cakes on a clean work surface. Use a 6cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 12 discs from the cakes.
- Place 6 cake discs on a large serving platter. Spoon over the chilled cherry mixture. Top with the remaining 6 cake discs and press down gently. Spoon over the chocolate mixture, allowing it to drip down the sides. Set aside for 10 mins or until set.
- Place white sugar in a small bowl. Dip the cut side of fresh cherry in the sugar. Arrange on the cakes.
Nutritions of Sugared cherry sponge cakes recipecalories: 471.069 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 75 grams carbohydrates
calories: 63 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 257 milligrams sodium