The flavours of rum and raisin are perfect complements in these chocolate brownies.
The ingredient of Rum and raisin brownies
- 170g (1 cup) Chilean flame raisins (Sunbeam brand)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dark rum
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, chopped
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 100g (1 cup) walnuts halves, coarsely chopped
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream
The instruction how to make Rum and raisin brownies
- Combine the raisins and rum in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until just heated through. Remove from heat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 4 hours to soak.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 20cm square (base measurement) cake pan with butter to lightly grease. Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the sugar and egg, and stir until well combined. Add the flour and stir to combine. Add the raisin mixture, walnuts and sour cream, and stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes (a skewer inserted into the centre will come out slightly sticky). Remove from oven and set aside in pan for 3 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutritions of Rum and raisin browniescalories: