Coffee cake just got a whole lot more wow – milk coffee biscuits layered with chocolate and topped in a coffee liqueur cream and syrup then scattered with choc-covered hazelnuts. Is there really anything more to say?
The ingredient of Espresso martini hedgehog cake recipe
- 3 x 100g pkt Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy Milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 x 100g pkt Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 140g golden syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 25 (about 200g) milk coffee biscuits
- 125ml (1/2 cup) espresso coffee
- 55g (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- Hazelnut-filled chocolates, halved, to decorate
The instruction how to make Espresso martini hedgehog cake recipe
- Line a 7cm-deep, 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the long sides.
- Place the milk and dark chocolate, butter, golden syrup and 1 tsp vanilla in a large heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnu2019t touch the water). Heat, stirring gently, for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in half the liqueur. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to cool and thicken slightly.
- Cut 5 biscuits in half crossways. Add heaped 1/3 cupful of chocolate mixture to prepared pan. Spread evenly. Place 4 whole biscuits and 2 halves in an even layer on top, pressing gently to secure. Top with another heaped 1/3 cupful of chocolate mixture. Use flat-bladed palette knife to gently spread over biscuits to completely cover. Repeat layering with the remaining biscuits and chocolate mixture, finishing with chocolate mixture. Cover with overhanging paper then cover pan with plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Meanwhile, combine the coffee, sugar and remaining vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cream and remaining liqueur in a bowl until soft peaks form. Transfer cake to a plate. Decorate with the coffee cream, espresso syrup and hazelnut chocolates to serve.
Nutritions of Espresso martini hedgehog cake recipecalories: