Get nostalgic with old fashioned favourites, like this triple chocolate mousse cake.
The ingredient of Triple chocolate brownie mousse cake
- 200g block milk chocolate, chopped
- 190g butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g white chocolate, broken into squares
- 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Fresh blueberries, to serve
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
The instruction how to make Triple chocolate brownie mousse cake
- Place milk chocolate and 160g butter in a glass or ceramic heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 23cm round (base) springform cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Stir in egg and cooled melted chocolate mixture until combined. Fold in white chocolate. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Level top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with crumbs clinging. Cool completely in pan.
- Place dark chocolate and remaining butter in a glass or ceramic heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Place boiling water in a small bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine. Whisk with a fork until gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly (see note). Add gelatine mixture to chocolate mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Add egg yolks. Beat to combine. Add chocolate mixture. Beat until just combined. Spoon mousse mixture over cold brownie. Smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Spread mousse with whipped cream. Top with blueberries and raspberries. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Nutritions of Triple chocolate brownie mousse cakecalories: 769.819 calories
calories: 55 grams fat
calories: 34 grams saturated fat
calories: 59 grams carbohydrates
calories: 48 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 212 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 207.53 milligrams sodium