Topped with a drizzle of chocolate and a dusting of icing sugar, indulgent gingerbread brownies make the perfect festive gift.
The ingredient of Gingerbread brownies
- 250g unsalted butter, chopped
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 firmly packed cups (330g) brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa, sifted
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Gingerbread brownies
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan.
- Melt butter and 200g chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water), stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, to the chocolate mixture, beating well after each addition until combined. Add sugar, flour, baking powder and spices, then fold in the cocoa. Spread batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Cool in the pan, then turn out and cut into squares.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 100g chocolate and allow to cool slightly.
- To serve, dust brownies with icing sugar, then drizzle over melted chocolate.
Nutritions of Gingerbread browniescalories: 635.979 calories
calories: 35.1 grams fat
calories: 22.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 75.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53.1 grams sugar
calories: 8.3 grams protein
calories: 140 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 225 milligrams sodium