Relax with a hot cuppa and a generous slice of this fruity tea cake.
The ingredient of Fruit tea cake
- 350g mixed dried fruit
- 2 cups cold tea
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 egg
The instruction how to make Fruit tea cake
- Place the mixed dried fruit in a bowl with the cold tea. Cover and leave to soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease a 25cm x 10cm loaf pan.
- Drain the dried fruit and discard the soaking liquid. Place in a saucepan with the sugar, butter and 150ml water. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Allow to cool, then sift in the flour and mixed spice and add the egg, stirring well to combine.
- Place in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 90 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. If the top of the cake is browning too quickly, cover with baking paper or foil.
- Cool for 20 minutes then turn on to a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve with butter.
Nutritions of Fruit tea cakecalories: